UOMyth uses a launcher program allowing installation of the Ultima Online Client and allows for future updates of the game world and art to be downloaded and installed automatically.
EVERYONE: Download UOMythLauncherInstaller.exe and run it (IMPORTANT: Run as Administrator).
It is recommended to install the launcher to the default directory (C:\UOMyth).
DO NOT SELECT THE DIRECTORY OF AN EXISTING UO INSTALL - IT WILL NOT WORK
Once installation is complete, launch UOMythLauncher from the shortcut on your desktop. The Launcher will update itself, if required, on launch and restart.
New Player: If you have never played UOMyth before you will need to Install the Ultima Online Client and configure your preferred assistant software (Razor or UOSteam). Scroll down to New Player Install for step by step setup instructions.
Existing player: If you already have the Ultima Online Client installed and have logged into UOMyth previously, you do not need to download and install Ultima Online again, but you will need to configure your program paths in the Settings section of the Launcher.
Scroll down to Existing Player Update for step by step setup instructions
New Player Install - NOTE: Your account application must have been approved for your login details to work at stage 8, you will receive an email with activation confirmation).
1) After you have downloaded and installed the UOMythLauncher, launch it and click the Install Ultima Online tab to download the UO client and begin the installer.
2) Install Ultima Online (Installing to the default location (C:\UOMyth) is strongly recommended.
3) Once UO installation is complete, click the Settings tab in the Launcher and select your Assistant of choice, either Razor or UOSteam. 3a) You can also toggle Enable Automatic Updates on or off here, as preferred.
4) IMPORTANT - Regardless of changing anything in settings, QUIT AND RELOAD THE LAUNCHER NOW. This will allows the launcher to check for UO updates as it loads. 5) If new files are available, “Updates Available” will be present in the top right of the launcher.
These updates can be downloaded manually in the Update Manager tab or will install automatically if you chose this in Settings.
6) Click PLAY and your Assistant software will load, which you need to configure as follows:
Patch Client Encryption - checked
Use OSI Encryption - Unchecked
UO Data Directory:
Click “Browse” button on the right and browse to the UO install folder location (default C:\UOMyth) and click the OK button
Shard: Type into the box: login.uomyth.com
Port: Leave at 2593
Click Okay to launch Ultima Online
6b) UOSteam: You will be presented with the UOS Launcher; the details should be pre-configured for you already but check they match as below:
Client Options: Should contain C:\UOMyth\client.exe If not as above, click the button with 3 dots (...) on the right and browse to the UO install location (default C:\UOMyth), select Client.exe in the list and click the Open button
Remove Encryption - checked
Remove Stamina Check - Unchecked
Ultima Online: Should contain C:\UOMyth\
If not as above, click the button with 3 dots (...) on the right and browse to the UO install location (default C:\UOMyth) and click the Select Folder button
Shard: Type into the box: login.uomyth.com
Encryption Required - unchecked
Click Start to launch Ultima Online
7) The UO game will now load and display a login screen, switch to the Razor/UOSteam window and locate the option "Negotiate features with server" (UOSteam > General tab) / (Razor>Options tab)
This needs to be checked (if it isn’t already) before you attempt to log in for the first time. If not, you will be kicked from the game after 30 seconds
8) Return to the UO client and log in with the username/password your chose when applying for an account. NOTE: Your account application must have been approved for your login details to work.
9) Select UOMyth from the server selection screen - if you do not get this far and are stuck on a screen saying "Verifying Details", close the UOClient and check the settings under 6a / 6b) above are correct.
10) Proceed though the basic character creation selecting a class, name, gender and basic hair/clothing customisation (DO NOT PICK THE ELF RACE) and click the arrow at the bottom to enter the game - NOTE: don't spend any time deciding on anything here other than your character name and gender as you are about to go through a full character customisation system on login including race, class skin tone and hair/facial hair styles.
11) You will arrive in the starting area, proceed to the Character Creation Book on the pedestal and begin creating your character.
Once you are done, request on discord for a GM to move you past the blocked doors.
Existing Player Update:
1) After you have downloaded and installed the UOMythLauncher, launch it and go to the Settings tab.
2) Select the Assistant Program you are already using 3) You can toggle Enable Automatic Updates on or off here, as preferred.
4) Set the Ultima Online Directory to your existing UOMyth Ultima Online install folder (where client.exe is located - eg C:\Program Files\Uttima Online, C:\UOMythClient etc)
5) Select the location(s) of your existing Razor Install Directory or UOSteam Install Directory.
6) IMPORTANT: Quit and reload the Launcher now
7) If new files are available for UO, “Updates Available” will be present in the top right of the launcher.
These updates can be downloaded manually in the Update Manager tab or will install automatically (if you chose this in Settings).
6) Click PLAY and your Assistant software will load.
5) Log in to the game as normal.
If you are having issues with running the launcher, it may be down to one or a combination of the following:
1) Administrative privileges - Try running the launcher installer or if already installed, the launcher itself as Administrator (right click > Run as Administrator). You can also set the shortcut or EXE to always run as Administrator (right click > Properties).
2) Your Anti-Virus (AV) software may be initiating a safe scan when launching the program, this runs in a protected mode and doesn't actually run the program fully. Allow the AV to finish its job and run again.
3) Your Anti-Virus Software may be fully blocking the launcher installer or exe file, you can add these to your AV's exceptions and allow it to run (after verifying for yourself it is safe by scanning it).
If you are having issues with installing updates, it may be down to one or a combination of the following: 1) You have the UO client running, close and retry the patch
2) You have a 3rd party tool running which is using the UO files (UOFiddler, UOAutomap etc)
3) The update downloads a zip file which may become corrupted (e.g. Gumpart.zip) or the extracted updated file (e.g. Gumpart.mul) may have been corrupted, simply delete the Zip/Mul file and reload the launcher and it will re-download the latest version.